View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #200
robaur
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Two goalies, similar career stats, similar ages, similar highs, similar lows, both with glaring issues in their game, both once having success on VERY defence-oriented squads, neither having won a single thing, both happily replaced by their teams as they're in their prime with younger goalies, both coming off bad seasons...

Yet the one who couldn't help either team he was on get to the playoffs is elite, and the guy who couldn't get his team past the first round is talked about like garbage.

But no, it'll work. Let's pay Bishop 5m+ over 5y+ because despite being marginally better than Elliott we call him "elite."

I don't mind either goalie, but pretending like there is chasm between their individual ability levels is just not true by any measure. At this point I'd be happy with neither.
none of those things are true for Bishop. Nice try.

1. similar low? I just saw him struggling last season on a very depleted, injury-riddled tampa team.

2. very defence oriented? tampa is not a very defence oriented system...lol have u even watched them? they were terrible this past year in their own end. they are as much defence oriented as any other team in the league.

3. not having won a single thing? bishop went to cup finals and eastern finals in back to back seasons...most likely would have gone back to back cup finals and been a cup champion if not for injury.

4. happily replaced? um tampa had cap problems....you want bishop/vasi and no kucherov OR vasi and kucherov?

Last edited by robaur; 04-20-2017 at 05:14 PM.
robaur is offline   Reply With Quote