Thread: DDPYoga
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #23
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have it, got it because a friend who went to the Comic expo last year saw him and he needed to lose some serious weight and decided to give it a shot and just as a flyer I decided what the hell.

I have gone (forced/proded/manipulated by gf) to normal Yoga classes and its similar. What I like about DDP is you dont get any of the Chi/Energy/Shakra/my day was wonderful/everything is wonderful garbage that you get at normal yoga classes.

I do believe that if you combined it with a good diet that you would lose weight. I do it about 3X a week on days when I dont have time to make it to the gym and you most definately get your sweat on.

Maybe its implied in "normal" yoga classes but I find what makes DDP yoga more effective for me is the following:

1 - the flex muscle technique. You will think its BS but just do a few of the routines and honestly flex your arm muscle while shooting it out like a fire hydrant and the water will just start dripping off.

2 - the motivation. Maybe its just me but when I was younger I watched wrestling, mostly WWF but sometimes WCW and DDP is just a fantastic motivator for guys IMO.

Its like anything else, it must be combined with a sensible eating regiment if you want to gain strength and flexibility while losing weight.
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykalberta For This Useful Post: