View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #1301
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
also, Liverpool fans would know this best

is Kenny there next year? his record is no better than Woy's (outside the cup win) and he said today they need to spend more money (after 115m pounds this summer)

does he need an FA cup win to keep a job?

it's a tough call because of his status with the club, because I think anyone else is gone
I'm not sure what will happen with Kenny. The team is hitting rock bottom here the last few weeks, so it has to be pretty hard to justify bringing him back. On the other hand, its hard to blame the manager when the team just stops playing after they get a 2-0 lead. The deciding factor may be the lack of production that Kenny has gotten out of his transfers. There has been a lot of money spent and no progress made. Nobody could reasonably have expected him to turn us into a contender by now, but fighting for a Champs league spot had to have been a minimum expectation.

Just as an interesting aside, fans on the Liverpool forums are talking about bringing Rafa back. There are no rumors backing up this talk, its just banter between fans, but it is kind of interesting. Personally I don't like the idea of going back to previous managers, but Rafa did do very well here until Hicks and Gillette gave him no money at all for transfers.