View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 06:33 PM   #14
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's BS. First off, if there was a country club atmosphere, it was totally gone by the time the rebuild started. Regehr was gone, pretty much all the older players like Langkow, Phaneuf, and Tanguay are all gone. If you want to includes the likes of Gio, Stajan, Backlund, and Brodie - those are the remaining players of the "country club" days as well. So, I call it BS. Feaster already said that Iggy wasn't the problem for the club as he's always striving to get to the playoffs and there was no quit in him to do so. However, the Flames were gunning for the rebuild and if the Flames really wanted Iggy to stay, they would've like him to stay. At the same time, the Flames were in a dilemma - try to sign Iggy for which there is a high chance of loosing him from free agency or trade him to a cup contender so that he can get a chance at the Cup again. I think it's a mutual agreement on both sides. Iggy could've been an a-hole like what happened with Sundin, but he chose to go to a contender and at the same time, allow the Flames to do a rebuild. I think for both the Flames as an organization and for Iggy, it's probably the worse possible thing a franchise and a franchise player had to do.

If this had to be done over again, the Flames, IMHO, would've kept Iggy and said "we're going to win with you all the way regardless if we're going through bad times". I think that would've been the right thing to do given what kind of crap we got for Iggy.

Yeah, Warrener can say what he wants or what you think he said. I think some of you should actually ask him straight out over the air and straighten this BS up.