View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #47
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Perhaps too late for Xmas now, but one of the best things I've bought over the last few years, that I use all the time, is a good flashlight. I think every guy should have a good flashlight.

There are a lot of quality brands out there, but I've found Fenix to be an excellent value for the high-quality that you get. There are lots of various sizes... I personally have a TK-15 and TK-22 and I always carry one in my photo bag, on trips, and have one for various uses around the house. These little things are small, but will make your old Maglites feel like a dinky candle. Amazing amount of light from such a tiny package.

I love these things so much I bought a couple of them as Xmas presents for family. They are not as cheap as lot of crappy flashlights you see at stores, but they are built to last. The sharp bezel is also not a bad sleeper self-defense tool.
That little LED on my cell phone is the best GD flashlight I've ever had. I always have it with me, it's bright enough for every application, and I don't have to carry around anything else. I've wondered if cell phone lights will put the small flashlight industry out of business. I doubt anybody under 30 would every buy one as they've grown up with a flashlight on their phone.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote