View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #59
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
Can't you say the same thing about alcohol consumption. How many people does drunk driving kill compared to guns? I don't know the answer as I am just musing out loud but I am sure its a lot.... Hell and we have liquor control. The argument could be that by having no alcohol we could save hundreds if not thousands of lives. I bet a ton of people here are drinking heroin beer at Flames games and still driving home.

We are on the same side of this fight. I think you can look back at all my posts in the gun threads, I have never said I am against gun control. I have said repeatedly if they say I can't own an Ar-15 I will have no argument with that.

I just think most people here are wanting that plus what seems like an outlaw on hand guns which 1. wont happen and 2. I think is silly. Do I have handguns? Yes . Are my handguns locked away where it makes its hard for others to get to? Yes. Would I feel safer if I had one at my house for personal protection? Yes. Will my Canadian wife allow me to have one at my house?..... NO

I feel like we arguing in circles. There is not one person around who can say anything or point out 1 statistic that will make me say ok F it , get rid of them all but also there isn't one thing I can say even it was the most logical thing in the world to make you guys say F it , let people have their guns.

We should just lock up the thread and be done with it.
Perhaps we are talking in circles. I'm arguing for stricter gun controls, you're arguing against a gun ban. Not the same thing