View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #43
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

And I fully acknowledge, I'm so screwed if I ever have to negotiate on my own, LOL. I have no idea how to do it. With my car, I just said "I want this color, I don't care about trim packages really, don't care about rims, blah blah blah, I just want this color, no doohickey thing on the trunk (I have a Fusion), I want this color interior and I want leather, I want AC, Sync, no fabric mats, and a moonroof or sunroof. That's all I want or care about, make it happen, give us the price and we'll tell you if it works for us or we just won't buy" - it was neither here nor there to me to purchase right then and there, or at all really, so I just told my husband when he negotiated, it better be amenable and work for us within our terms or I just didn't care and wouldn't buy, that it could wait. I ended up with what I wanted, and everything worked for us/me, within our terms, so it was good, in the end. But I was never married to the idea of purchasing immediately or even that car that they showed me, even though I liked it. It was one of those instances, where we figured we'd downsize from a family van to a sedan, because we had kids out of the house and didn't need a van, really, but would have happily carried on with the van if we'd been unable to settle a deal to our satisfaction, with the vehicle we/I wanted.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote