View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #30
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Changing the time is ridiculous. It causes heart attacks, traffic accidents, and grumpy children.

This is the only thing the NDP have done that I think is a good idea, but it's a great idea.

As for the idea that everyone else should do it first, I would suggest that when something is the right thing to do, then waiting around for everyone else doesn't make sense. Especially when the same argument about not doing it will apply everywhere.
If turning back the clock could cause a person to have a heart attack I'm willing to bet that it's something that was going to happen in the immediate future anyway. I'm not sure that an extremely minute portion of the population that's close to death should dictate what's best for the vast majority.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/11/health...ealth-effects/

Quote:
"Stroke risk is highest in the morning hours," Dr. Jori Ruuskanen, study author from the University of Turku, said in an email. "Previous studies have also shown that the disruption of the circadian clock due to other reasons (e.g. due to rotating shift work) and sleep fragmentation are associated with an increased risk of stroke. However, we did not know whether stroke risk is affected by DST transitions. What is common in these situations is the disturbed sleep cycle, while the immediate mechanisms for the increased risk are unknown at the moment.
As for traffic accidents really? A minor snow fall or distracted driving will cause 100x the amount of accidents on any given day in this city. There should be more evidence than this IMO.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 03-19-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: