View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #1212
cupofjoe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
Appreciate the info. I will be having the traditional 5.1 configuration and will have to add the in-ceiling speakers to that. Current targeted receiver was the Yamaha RX V781 7.2 (which can do 5.2.2), but was wondering if I should spend extra on a 9.2 receiver for 5.2.4 capability. In your experience, does 4 in-ceiling speakers make the experience good enough to pursue this configuration? Going from 7.2 to 9.2 could be ~$1000 jump just for the receiver from what I see in the marketplace. Thanks!
Is seating off the back wall? You need about a 30 to 55 degree angle from speaker to seating position (45 is ideal), so if you have a 8' ceiling, ear height is typically 42 inches, here is the calculation:

96"-42"= 54" from center of speaker to ceiling location directly above your ear (NOTE - not the angle measurement directly from ear to the speaker at a 45 degree angle)

So you will need a minimum of 54" behind your seating position to place your speaker on the ceiling.

So if your room works for it, I would consider going for it. All the clients I have put in the Atmos system have been blown away by the sound. But as I have said before in other posts value is subjective to the buyer.

Check out dolby site for setup etc here:

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/sp...tup/index.html

I sent you a PM as well.

Here is 5.1.2 setup

Spoiler!

Here is 5.1.4 setup

Spoiler!
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote