Thread: school me in 4k
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #24
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
ARC by itself - the TVs have it built in. I'm honestly kind of impressed at how good those Vizio sets apparently are for a bargain brand.
Not sure I'd call them a "bargain brand", they aren't Haier or anything like that. They are appropriately priced high end TV's. I guess if people want to pay for a Sansung or Sony badge, good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
All I need to check is if one of the HDMI ports on my receiver says ARC and I'll know it's compatible right? I'll look into this tonight and get some longer HDMI cables to connect all the components to the TV directly. I'm assuming on the TV 1 HDMI is specific to ARC however the other 3 is there a differance? will one be better for Xbox vs cable?
Yes, there will be 1 input on your receiver that will say HDMI/ARC, thats the one you run the cable from your HDMI1/ARC from the TV (on mine its 1, on yours it should be too).

Now for the Xbox, the best input for gaming is HDMI5, thats a designated "low latency" input. I didn't use "game mode" on the display settings for the Xbox, but that should reduce the latency even more (I do activate it though when I play emulated Nintendo games).

The biggest thing, learn the remote, learn where your picture settings are in the Vizio Cast app in the tablet, and how to adjust all of those settings (including turning on CEC/ARC because its off by default). You can adjust literally everything through the tablet because there is no on screen menus. And the setting stick for each individual input which is great, not universal to the TV. You can also install Vizio Cast on your phone and use it as a remote as well.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote