Thread: PlayStation VR
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #47
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
I have tried to watch some of the media. It seriously looks like lower definition than a tv out of the early 80s. Is this the content or is the device just that ####ty?

I almost want to resell it. I used the Samsung VR and it seemed better than this.

Edit: I want to clarify my issues. The edges of the field of view is incredibly blurry. I've tried adjusting the size of the screen. It's really distracting. I played a 1080 movie off of Netflix and NHL17 in cinematic mode and again, the field of view seems tunnelled and blurred in the edges.

Is anyone else having this issue? When I played with my friends Samsung, the graphics were pretty mediocre but I felt much more immersed in the experience. Which seems silly I guess.
It's definitely not for people who want to watch video or play non-vr PS4 games. Sony basically came out and said it would suck before launch (they phrased it better, but that was the gist). It's an available feature, but not one that Sony actively pushes as a reason to buy. I could be wrong, but because you're splitting video in half and feeding it to each eye, whatever signal you're feeding it, you're going to get ½ the resolution. The PSVR is technically one screen, but each eye is only capable of getting 960x1080 (it's a 1920x1080 split vertically).

If watching media was a big reason for the purchase, I'd definitely sell it. I tried playing NHL in it and it was pretty awful. Because you need to see the entire ice surface and the score clock, there's too much to look at. I actually learned this weekend that competitive Call of Duty players will often times avoid playing on a big screen of any kind for this same reason. There's a guy I follow on Twitter that uses a 30" monitor instead of his 72" TV.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote