Thread: PlayStation VR
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #43
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
So I finally set mine up and played a bit. Shark encounter was cool. But I'm a bit surprised at the graphics. Really grainy. A bit of a disappointment.

The space mission made me motion sick and I never get motion sickness.

Does anyone else have an issue with the way the unit sits on their head? I have quite a bit of space around my nose area and beside my eyes. Let's in a lot of light.

Also it doesn't seem to sit well on my face and loses focus a bit.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
One thing I found with the PS VR (versus the Rift and Vive) is that there is more "play" with how it can sit on your head. I realized that the halo ring on your head holds the weight but can be tiled back, not just in a horizontal plane if that makes sense. I found that I could adjust the angle of the ring as well as the distance of the visor to fine tune the focus better than just the visor alone.

The motion sickness is a personal thing and you might adjust to it over time. Some games are better with it than others. Games that track your motion like job simulator will be better that those that don't (like space games). Driving games are in the middle, you aren't being tracked but your mind is much more used to the scenario of motion. It can still mess with you though.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote