View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #2042
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
For me he's probably top 5 in the league. The price is ridiculous, but that's the market right now. I'd be more worried about his injury ... he hasn't played since January. Huge risk.
More or less. What concerns me is two-fold:

Quote:
Southampton have asked the Premier League to investigate an alleged illegal approach from Liverpool for Virgil van Dijk, Press Association Sport reports.

PA Sport reports Southampton are yet to receive any contact from Liverpool regarding Van Dijk, despite sources telling ESPN FC that the defender has indicated he is eager to move to Anfield.

Jurgen Klopp has made Van Dijk, who has also been linked with Chelsea and Manchester City, his top target this summer but Saints have reportedly been irritated by what they see as an attempt to unsettle their player and are ready to reject an official offer.
http://www.espnfc.us/story/3139412/s...pproach-report

1. Hopefully they've done their due-diligence and expect van Dijk to anchor their backline for a decade, in which case the money is what it is, as you said thats the market right now.

The fact that Southampton are asking for them to be investigated doesnt lend much confidence for the diligence being done.

2. His ceiling/Injury. Could he be one of the top defenders in this league? If the answer is yes then again, the money is what it is.

We need to shore up our CB position, is van Dijk the answer to that?

Its a lot of money both in transfer and wages.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote