View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 03:32 AM   #12
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
It definitely has the potential of becoming like 'Under the Dome' or similar shows/movies. That's what I meant when I said it has a lot of pitfalls to avoid.

So far though, all you have to get over is the premise. If they can stay within their own rules, it will be fine. The problem with Under the Dome and similar shows is that they often stop making sense even in THEIR universe. I don't mind a strangle or unbelievable premise (zombies anyone?) as long as it doesn't break its own rules (going with the zombie example again, Walking Dead is becoming somewhat guilty of this) or you don't start getting a lot of Deus Ex Machina type stuff. So we'll see what happens.

It does appear like it will have far better acting than a lot of those shows though.
Most definitely. I was thinking about the characters and how they are acting. At first I thought it was a bit forced, and that they were trying too hard, but then I thought about how I acted when I lost so much. It does make more sense using that empathy. The direction is well done, and the acting is certainly better than the network brand. I also really enjoy the diversity of the actors. It has a real town feel.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote