View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM   #148
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
I dunno, that just sounds like kids who absolutely lived and breathed this stuff but then turned it into a career and didn't lose that passion. Doesn't bother me in the least (even if I often dgaf about whatever they're saying)

I phrased poorly...it was pretty unique that they had a specific sponsor with an actual short ad leading into the segment in the last several years. I can't think of that happening in any other sport broadcast off the top of my head and I suspect that was pretty lucrative compared to a single generic "brought to you by Huawei" (though that's repeated like 4 times in a broadcast)

Very well could be. Hard to say. I just find many in society these days have a "look at me" artificial positivity to them. And when these individuals speak and reference some hockey book they read, or spoke to random hockey guy in AA, it reeks of artificiality. Which is why I like a lot of other hosts like David Amber or James Duthie. Because they don't try hard to show the audience or the higher ups that all they think about is hockey. It's clear they're there to make the audience laugh or ask others questions. Marek is a dork.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote