View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 08:41 PM   #146
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
He’s smarmy and wants to be McLean. He’s annoying to watch on tv and hear from. Two guys who want to be like McLean are Baukaskas and Marek. My dentist gets richer when they’re on tv because my enamel gets worn from grinding my teeth. I genuinely can’t stand on air hockey guys whose entire life and conversation revolves around hockey knowledge and being an encyclopedia. It’s goofy and too try hard.
I dunno, that just sounds like kids who absolutely lived and breathed this stuff but then turned it into a career and didn't lose that passion. Doesn't bother me in the least (even if I often dgaf about whatever they're saying)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
That would be a Rogers sales problem. I suspect the US broadcasts on the OLN network were able to get sponsors for intermission, if Rogers couldn't get sponsors for other segments then that is a problem on their end.
I phrased poorly...it was pretty unique that they had a specific sponsor with an actual short ad leading into the segment in the last several years. I can't think of that happening in any other sport broadcast off the top of my head and I suspect that was pretty lucrative compared to a single generic "brought to you by Huawei" (though that's repeated like 4 times in a broadcast)
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote