View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 09:42 AM   #107
codfather
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
'We are all doing it': Employees at Canada's 5 big banks speak out about pressure to dupe customers
Calls for parliamentary inquiry following Go Public investigation

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bank...blic-1.4023575
I was waiting to see this. As others have already mentioned in this thread, this issue wasn't limited to TD. I worked for one of the big 5 for five years in various roles. My experience was very similar to what Curves2000 mentioned and I ended up quitting because the stress wasn't worth it and hypocrisy from managment was too much. Constant talk of "needs based selling" when what they meant was you had to create that need for the client regardless of whether it was right for the client or not. I've had several former colleagues quit, some without having another job lined up just because they needed out. One person wasn't hitting their targets and was demoted to teller. He quit on the spot. It's no longer about financial advice, it's about sales.

From the above linked cbc article:
Quote:
"We get weekly emails that highlight in red the people who are not hitting those sales targets. It's bullying."
That was a big thing at the bank I worked at. Every category and every person was listed from top to bottom in the district. Must have been pretty demoralizing for the people at the bottom.
codfather is offline   Reply With Quote