View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #212
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Your asking for them to play hard.

The all star game is about getting to know the players and having fun, not a hockey game. It's the same as the pro bowl. All yourself, do you really want Gio and Johnny taking a hit from Getzlaf, Kopitar, Weber, etc? Do you want them to block shots from Weber? Cross checks from standing on front of the net? Most players pay banged up throughout the year. How many teams are going to want to send their best player to an event where they could get hurt when they could be banged up anyways.

This is what the all star game is. Lots and lots of people are saying wow. They interviewed people there taking it in yesterday and they all did (XM Radio). I'm not sure what you want. If you want players to play hard, you simply aren't going to get it.
I'm not speaking about the game itself. I'm speaking about the skills portion. That's why I'm posting in the skills competition thread. We know based on YouTube videos that some of these guys have tremendous talent. Find ways to really get that across to the public on the biggest stage they have. There is plenty of opportunity to get their personalities across with the draft or mic the game. Get creative with the skills comp and actually give it some structure. Would it not be cool to actually get a chance to see what a guy like Tarasenko can do? Or a guy like Johnny? The way they have it set up they aren't maximizing the talent of these guys at all.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hackey For This Useful Post: