View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #201
Dagger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by renny View Post
It's fun for the fans that live in the host city. And I think the players seem to have fun. It's nice for them to have a relaxing weekend in an 82 game season
The players definitely need a break at some point in the season, but I'm sure the elite would much rather not have to travel across the country to play in a meaningless event. Many of them are carrying injuries and end up missing the game because of them - and promptly get suspended for doing so. Hell, they even highlighted Ovechkin saying he "owes it to the fans to come" or Elliott skipping out on a fishing trip in the Turks and Caicos because he felt it was his duty to be here. I think it's pretty clear that the players find it more a responsibility of the job. I'm not saying they don't have fun - they were drunk for the draft and get to screw around on the ice, but given the choice how many would actually rather be elsewhere?

Giving them a week off to recharge their batteries, and recover from any knocks would be far more beneficial.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote