View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #28
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
As an actual "Read the book/enjoy Gaiman" guy, it was a very solid representation of the first ~40 or so pages of the first book.
I haven't read it in a while but I agree, because it all came rushing back. That being said, being a faithful representation doesn't always do the trick. The best example I can think of is Snyder's Watchmen movie. That thing was very true to the book for the most part, did everything in order and only really took liberties with the ending (which had to be done). Yet it completely lacked the magic of the source material, because it just didn't translate. You needed the nuance and detail that don't show up on screen.

I'm probably being overly pessimistic but I am just cautious. I just think if you were going to make a Gaiman work into an HBO show, frankly, even Sandman would've been easier than this to swing.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote