View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 01:09 AM   #6
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
Jan 2017 finished the month with 947 sales.

Not exactly great. It did beat out the 2015 pace.

Realtor1 - why didn't you respond to my last post?
I did have a lengthy response typed out and then felt it was best not to send.

My post was in no way coming across as OMG the downturn is over and January reminds me of the last boom. It was a 100% factual post comparing January last year to January this year. Why would I look at sales from 2, 3, 5 years ago If I am looking for an indicator as to where we are at in this current downturn?

You say it would be a fair assumption that we are following the dismal 2015 sale numbers which is simply not true and the entire point of this thread being created. We were signifcantly better than the 2015 numbers and a far way from $100+ oil numbers.

You then told me I was being irresponsible for not posting the numbers for 2015 and that I should let everyone know exactly what a year over year stat was. Perhaps you are better off not reading my posts if you feel they are irresponsible and one sided. Was I irresponsible when I posted my thoughts on CREB's 2016 forecast and how I believed the numbers would be worse than what CREB thought? The CP community has got to know me as someone who gives my honest opinion. I am not a "now is the best time to buy" all the time kind of guy.

The lack of new listings has you worried. Owners have less equity in their homes and most people who bought over the last several years are not in a position to break even on a sale. It comes as no surprise that inventory levels are down.

You then went on to discredit whatever article I read and something about terrible posts. I am sure you didn't see it coming when you posted but all major news outlets have now picked up on the statistics. (as I had predicted in my original post)

Finally, you tell me that you are frustrated that as a realtor I posted what I posted. I really do not see anything wrong with what I posted. Some positive stats came out which has been a rare sight during the downturn and I shared them. I then asked what CP felt was driving the January numbers. It is unfortunate that this frustrates you.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post: