View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #22
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
No one will argue that UO offered the most freedom out of any MMO to date, it was really neat to be a Animal Tamer with archery, or a Melee fighter that you gave a bit higher int in exchange for swinging slower with less stamina so he could heal using magery as well as the healing skill. Or if you wanted just a 7x tank mage power house, the combinations were endless, and they still are. The game isn't nearly as fun as it was but it still offers that incredible selection and customization when building your character. Now with even more skills than before. However, the risk factor has been completely removed and to me that it was defined UO and is why I consider the game to be 'dead'.
This is why I loved UO - you never knew when something completely spontaneous or off the wall would happen and that would dictate your entire day.

I.E. Your friend agrees to 1v1 duel someone who has a bit of a poor reputation on the shard (for whatever reason), so he wants some back up for the duel. You come along. You get there to find he has about 6-7 friends watching the duel so you and your buddy call in 6-7 people from your side to make it even.

Since there is no structured "duel" system in UO, the duel ends and maybe there is some dispute - did he use potions? Did he steal anything off his corpse after killing him? Or maybe some recalls in and kills your horses (lol).

Lets say he steals his reagents and try to recall - someone on your side disrupts him and all hell breaks loose on both sides, resulting in a massive brawl.

Those are the events and nights that made me love UO forever.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaramonLS For This Useful Post: