View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 11:32 AM   #71
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
Stats Updated to 3/16/16

Looking at the Heat stats is depressing. Only one active player has a positive +/- rating. Despite even missing a month updating, there was only a couple players with significant stat changes. The rest were maybe a point or two. I am almost to the point I can't watch the games anymore as the team plays boring hockey and I just keep seeing over and over how Huska has no place coaching in the AHL and until we fire him, we aren't going to develop players. Ward and him have the same amount of time in and Ward is MILES ahead of Huska in developing NHL ready players. Huska can't take credit for anyone whose moved to the NHL this year.

Rafikov continues to get buried in the KHL. Olias Mattson is still injured (broken leg). Not much to update on the European front.

Mangiapane...what's left to say about this kid that hasn't been said above? It's worth sending him to Stockton if we can (although seemingly unlikely as Barrie is a GOOD team this year) to see how his play translates to the AHL. Plus, it's a worthy reward for his excellent season.

Andersson also keeps putting up impressive numbers. Very curious to see how he translates to the AHL as well.
The difference here is that Ward had his systems and was a very technical coach, using code and abbreviations to help players analyze situations at a faster rate. Ward wanted to use his systems and only his systems. When he was told to streamline the systems to match Hartley's, I don't think it went over very well.

Thus, we have Huska - a very young coach with (obvious) dreams of being an NHL coach one day, but isn't given the autonomy to use his own systems, and frankly, he's too inexperienced to enact the systems he's told to teach.

So it's a catch-22. Most veteran coaches won't be a puppet for someone else's systems and rookie coaches probably don't demand the type of authority and are too inexperienced to teach them.

That's just my observation anyways. I have no solution.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: