View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 11:26 AM   #43
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Sure, some games are awful. But they can't control that. The more time slots they have, the more viewers they get. This is not rocket surgery.
Not necessarily. I'm not watching terrible primetime games for example. In America on Sunday you will watch your local team (usually in the 1pm slot) and then a really good game in the 4:25 spot. That's still the prime spot that gets first choice of games. A lot of families set aside Sundays to watch football and that's it. The rest of the days are busy. The more primetimes games you introduce, you worst they get, you're going into 4th, 5th, 6th choice territory.

Unless your team is playing in primetime, I don't think the viewership goes up that much. Sure there's betting and stuff but you don't need to watch a game to bet on it. People bet entire 1pm slates, up to 10 games at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
The problem is that the Jays aren't a big draw in the US, so they always get the worst time slot. It isn't that more time slots are bad, it's just that we get stuck with the worst one.
I guess but say the wildcard teams were Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals and Mets. Somebody would still be playing at noon and that's dumb.

Last edited by GirlySports; 10-02-2023 at 11:30 AM.
GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote