View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #2564
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Wow I missed a lot of stuff.
I'm a big fan of the book and of the 80s material that the book leaned on extensively, but even with all that I have to say that it was almost an over-saturation.

The story was kind of 'meh' but he begged your forgiveness with Nostalgia, which, for a time, I think I was willing to grant, but over time if you beg for too much forgiveness you're going to run out.

Hence the disappointment of Ernest Cline's next book.

I guess my concern is much like this trailer was packed and packed with little nods and obvious references, its like the filmmakers, much like the writer, are patting themselves on the back so hard with their nods to the 80s and the source material that the bobble-head effect of their own approval has come at the detriment of the film.

"Oh they're going to love all the cool stuff that they missed! We are SOOOO clever!!!"

You're not clever, you're just overloading the scene with more stuff than people can realistically notice in a single viewing.

Thats what worries me. Instead of trying to make a good movie are they more concerned about shoe-horning all of this stuff into it?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote