View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #71
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well after 2 weeks of practice we have the Jamboree tomorrow. It should be interesting especially with a pretty much all rookie offense.

For a few it will be their first football game in pads ever. For the other ones who played PeeWee, its will be their first exposure to a faster and harder hitting football then they're used to, and they're going to learn that the things that worked in PeeWee simply don't work here, and some of the bad habits that they picked up there are erased by a hyper athletic linebacker with blazing speed and a higher understanding of the game.

The fear is always the same, how many players take that first hit and decide that football isn't their thing.

I always expect some injuries in the Jamboree because realistically its their first true contact scrimmage at full speed.

I don't really care about how many touchdowns I put up on the board, tomorrow isn't about scouting and game planning the opposition and winning the Jamboree, its about finding out what you really have and evaluating your players in a real game situation.

And that, I'm worried about.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote