View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #37
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
That happened this year for me. My son made a higher team but the lower team needed a coach. The higher team had 5 coaches already. Since I volunteered to coach he was demoted. This is not a problem for me but it sucked for him as all his friends made the higher team.

IF you can have non-parent coaches that is the best, but those are hard to come by at the younger ages.
Yeah, it sucks. I totally understand it.

If your kid is good enough to play Tier 1 but those coaching spots are filled, and they should be filled by staff coaches, if you're coaching at the top level as a designated non-parent coach then thats a whole other ball game.

But I can then totally understand a parent-coach not wanting to coach a team that their kid isnt on. Families have logistics to deal with, at the end of the day these are kids and their parents are mothers and fathers and employees.

You cant expect them to say: "Well, my kid will play on this team and I'll coach this team. Twice as much work means twice as much fun!!!"

Yeah. No. doesnt work that way.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: