View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #32
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

On our team I am in charge of breaking down film for our defence and scouting our opponent's offence. Every year we do more film and I think that the benefits of doing it show up in the kids play on the field. Hudl is a great tool but I feel like I am not using it to its full potential. This year I want to organize plays by formation, down and distance, and play type to make it easier to go back and find tendencies. If you've got any tips for using Hudl I'd love to hear it

We don't focus too much on our own film. There may be a few plays we show to highlight something we did well or poorly, but we move on fairly quickly. We spend a lot of time on our opponents looking for tendencies (always pass to the right, always run on 1st down, their right tackle gives the play away every time by his stance, etc). We'll do a statistical breakdown on their run vs pass tendencies and strong vs weak preferences.

I also diagram the opponents plays and we run a scout offence twice a week during practice
Having our defence react and see what the opponent runs has been really beneficial. I probably spend half a day or so prepping this stuff over the weekend. By now I've got a pretty good database and the various team's play books don't change too much year to year so I'm able to save time that way
M*A*S*H 4077 is online now   Reply With Quote