View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #40
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.stampeders.com/2017/06/2...ch-suspension/

Quote:
Statement from Calgary Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel on the two-game suspension to team member Roy Finch announced earlier today:

The Calgary Stampeders were very disappointed to learn about Roy’s violation of the policy on drugs. We understand the medication taken by Roy was to treat a legitimate medical condition however, by failing to follow procedure and obtain a therapeutic-use exception, Roy is subject to this penalty. While I believe this was an honest mistake on Roy’s part, it was a mistake nevertheless and it’s important that he and all players learn from this episode.
Quote:
I made a mistake and I accept full responsibility. I want to make it clear that there was absolutely no intent on my part to cheat as I was taking the medication to treat attention-deficit disorder. At the same time, I know that I’m responsible for what goes into my body and I should have asked more questions. I apologize to the fans, the coaches and my teammates for the embarrassment I have caused.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote