View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #24
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
You're making assumptions about those sitting at home. The majority of those sitting at home are in the camp of people who don't like Clarke, but don't see an alternative that motivates them to vote against her. If voter turnout is low, it's due to a failure on the other parties to motivate.
I mean there are probably possibilities attached to a low voter turnout. One is that you have a bunch of jaded Liberal voters who will just stay home instead of voting for an alternative to Clark. The other is that Horgan and Weaver don't inspire anyone to actually go out of their way to replace her. I'm expecting voter turnout in Victoria to be pretty high. People are practically foaming at the mouth to turf her here.

One of the things working in Clark's favour is that the election is happening between university semesters. In the last federal election, I think Trudeau benefited quite a bit from various student societies organizing on-campus polling stations and get out the vote initiatives. Probably not a big factor in Vancouver of Victoria, but not having places like UBC-O and TRU in session might make a difference in the interior regions.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post: