View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon34 End of an era in Tennesee

It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing my resignation as GM of the Nashville Predators. It's a little bit gut-wrenching and I've probably written and deleted this post a few times.

The thing is that I am far too busy to handle things properly right now. I've had a number of trade offers sent to me (some even decent ones!) and just no time to respond. My team needs to be active and make some deals to improve and I am not going to get that done. Rather than selfishly cling to the idea that I'll get to it soon, I think its better to just pass the reins to someone more capable. Me staying on is not fair to the other GMs and not fair to the league.

I think that I am leaving the franchise in pretty good shape. There is a pretty solid young core, and while there are a couple contracts which are anchors at this point, with a couple good moves and patience I think that the team could be in the upper echelon (sound familiar to our local heroes?). I would implore you to not let the team get picked apart all of the youth decimated by the league as the new GM comes in. Players like Kadri, Gostisbehere, Hayes and the like are going to be super easy to move, and hopefully the deals are good the Preds if that happens.

I wish I had time to go back through and give you an overall record of my tenure. I'm fairly sure that its positive, and just due to longevity I'm at least going to claim that I'm the winningest GM in Nashville history (take that Joe Schum!)

I do want to thank the league and especially Grant for his tireless efforts. I have made some great friends playing this game and I'm sure that I will be around the forums, even though I'm away from the league. I know that I'll miss it, and who knows...I might even be back if the league will have me!

Thank you all!

Vic
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: