View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #7874
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Second of all I actually like that Edmonton is putting a lot of effort into it's image as I feel Calgary just rests on the fact it's close to the mountains. I feel there's better community pride in Edmonton as Calgary feels like a city of transplants where people are here because of work but don't really care deeply about the city itself. The fact the Peace Bridge is Calgary's current claim to fame is pretty sad IMO.
I completely agree with this. I've lived in and around Calgary for the better part of the past 19 years, while I've spent plenty of time in Edmonton my entire life due to having many relatives and friends there, so I feel like I'm in a position to have at least an informed opinion on this. I've felt a community spirit and pride in Edmonton that I've never picked up on in Calgary. Calgary is a beautiful city and you can't argue with geography/where it's located, but it's always felt to me like a city where people come, make their money, and then move on.

Obviously you can't completely generalize and people will undoubtedly come on here and list countless examples to the contrary, but I completely agree with what you've said.