View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #7873
greentree
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think that there's enough wrong with the Oilers to not go to hard on the city itself.

I mean I love the city of Edmonton, I really do. Its a city that brings back memories.

I mean when I drive into Edmonton off of the highway I have flashbacks to the Sopranos opening scene

The deeper you get the more like you feel like you're driving into New Jersey.

When you go into any bar your reminded of Moe's bar in the Simpsons, filled with desperate end of the line people, that smell of over drinking and the over use of their own vomit as hair gel. Unattractive woman praying on men visiting from out of town in the hopes that when they leave they'll take them away to a new life in a city like Calgary or Vancouver or god forbid Toronto.

I mean its a city of intense culture. Did you know that most Edmontonians can speak four different dialects of loser? Its true, its awesome.

And its a true city of athletics, I mean all those woman with bruises on their legs must be playing some kind of sports, its not like they would get these bruises from slamming into the couch as they race to the fridge to have another quart of ice cream while they while away their days watching their stories.

And the Festivals, I hear they're awesome, I mean just last week they sold out the prestigious walmart festival where sweat pants and sandals were on sale for 10% off. Everyone walked away from that one more enlightened then they walked in.

The city of Edmonton is to be admired ladies and gentlemen, not nuked from afar, I mean if you're going to nuke it you should find a way to be able to watch its destruction. But what would the country do without Edmonton. Where would we send all of the people that can't function in a normal environment, or who's idea of color matching is flannel Grey and Black silk socks. Who's idea of art is a Pantara tee-shirt that's two sizes too small?

We need Edmonton, every kingdom needs a jester, because frankly jesters around that funny, but you laugh at how pathetic they are, then throw your chicken bones at them.
Amusing...but it's a shame your grammar and spelling = Edmontonian levels.