View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #17
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Super Whites are big on the 'Youth Movement,' Joe Collister is someone I'll be keeping an eye on this season.

Quote:
The young keeper, about to enter his second season as a professional, says he can already see improvements from the new coach's methods.

"Working with Dave has been really good so far. He's working us hard and I'm enjoying it. His style is quite like John Achterberg's was. I feel a lot fitter and sharper and I'm really feeling the benefit already.
http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10365~2092747,00.html

Joe, from Hoylake, Wirral, has been with the Club since the age of 15 and signed his first professional contract in the summer of 2009.

The 17-year old played the full 90 minutes of Tranmere's home pre-season friendly against Preston North End on Saturday, making a number of fine saves including a late penalty save.

This kid is like the same age as the kids I coach, but hes playing professional already!

Watch out Robert Green, this kid is after your England job!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: