View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #60
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesla View Post
Anyone here have that Solar setup from Enmax ??
Monthly costs ?
Reduction of power bill ?
Is it basically 15 years before you recoup your invested costs ?

A Neighbour just put some up and i was curious.
Despite some odd posts in this thread, you can purchase panels anywhere you want and attach to the Calgary grid, as long as a specified process is followed. Generated energy does not earn as much in Alberta (compared to some other places) because you get paid for generation exactly what you are paying for energy. Other provinces pay a higher rate for generation, some significantly higher. The rate is set by the province, so you are not better off elsewhere in Alberta. With that said, you can still do alright.

Enmax does allow you to pay off the panels over a very long period, and I don't think there is much in the way of interest. You can shop around for cheaper panels or more expensive panels, but I think Enmax has the best of all the options.

What you generate and sell is dependent on what is on your roof, sun, roof and how much energy you use yourself.

I always tell friends that are interested to reduce their overall use before they even consider panels. A well 'designed' home can use significantly less energy when not at home - once they add panels they can see several hundred KWh in generation produced monthly, on top of their daytime use.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post: