View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #124
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

In addition Vedder did the following:

changed the lyrics of the Pearl Jam song “Long Road” from “But still/Something’s missing” to “Without you/Something is missing.”

Covered Neil Young’s “The Needle and the Damage Done”

played Pearl Jam “Immortality.”

played John lennon "Imagine" that Cornell often covered but Vedder hadn't done for awhile

Quote:
At one point during the night, a fan yelled out, “I love you,” prompting a deeply personal response from Vedder.

“Thank you. I need it. We all need it,” he began. “I’m thinking of a lot of people tonight. And some in particular and their families. And I just know that healing takes time if it ever happens. It takes time, and that means you have to start somewhere. So let it be music. Let it be love and togetherness. And let it be Amsterdam.”
The second show had the following string of songs:

Man of the Hour
Unthought Unknown
Parting Ways
Off He Goes

http://loudwire.com/eddie-vedder-fir...rnell-passing/

I've seen mention on various boards that during the shows Vedder talked around the subject rather than talking about it directly and even then he seemed overwhelmed by it and close to breaking down. Might be a bit melodramatic and people reading too much into things but having seen Vedder numerous times he is often emotional during shows that it wouldn't shock me.

Last edited by ernie; 05-30-2017 at 03:24 PM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post: