View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 06:04 PM   #1045
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Nest Question, I'veb een trying to figure out when to spend my Air Miles Dream miles on - I used to be able to get gift cards, but not anymore. They have the Yamaha YHT1810 Home Theatre System, which looks like it could do what I want it to do, although it's functionality doesn't extend much beyond that. (It's pretty much just an HDMI switcher with an integrated audio amplifier, no Component or Composite Video at all). Good idea, or will I be frustrated?

These sound bar systems that are out now, do they need a reciever, or how do they work? Is that an alternative?
Since you are already using 4 HDMI ports, I'd look for a receiver that has 1 or 2 more HDMI ports. Also since you already have a receiver and probably your own speakers, I don't see the sense in buying an all in one package, just upgrade your receiver.

The TV looks like it gets good reviews and I've been happy with my LG TVs. It's a bare bones product but it's said to have a good picture which to me is the most important when buying a TV.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post: