View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 09:30 AM   #66
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
It might sell less than other games but nhl16 has still sold close to a million copies which is probably close to $70 million in revenue. They could probably afford to do more than what they do, which is essentially nothing more than a roster update every year. Be a GM hasn't been touched in five years, in fact it has gotten worse. But they know that we have no other choice because they are the only game in town so I guess good for them?
This is an argument I never understand. I could tell you within a minute if I was playing 2016 or 2015. Claiming the only changes they make over the years are roster related is peculiar. It's totally cool if you enjoy one of the older games, but to say you can't notice a difference is almost unbelievable.

I honestly think until you're in the chair of a developer you can't really say "they could probably do more". I liked that they brought fans into the process last year to help them debug and offer insight. They all mentioned how surprised they were at how small the team was and how much work had to be done in a short time. Even people in the industry (Colin Moriarty comes to mind) who have spent time in the office are quick to dispel the myth of the lazy developer.

All that being said, I definitely agree with the notion that this should be a franchise that only updates every 2 years, and I think we'll probably get to that point in the next 5 years.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote