View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #15
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
John Oliver is pretty fresh and I am loving his show, but Jon Stewart is still the king in my books.

I'm a little tired with Colbert's shtick now. The over the top faux conservative caricature just takes away from the message sometimes IMO. It worked better when he was a "correspondent" on the Daily Show than as a host.
The thing with Colbert is, he is a little less consistent that John, but when he knocks it out of the park, there is no one funnier. Some of his segments, especially the interviews are funny enough to make you cry and make your belly hurt.

I agree the character has gotten a bit stale lately, but he has had his show for what, 8 years? He had many good years after leaving The Daily Show, I wouldn't say he was at his best as a 'correspondent'. Though the partisan argument segment with Steve Carrell were as classic as it gets!

As for the new show, the first few episodes were great, but I've been finding the laughs come a lot less now. Still very informative, and I love how they tackle one big issue a week, but it seems to be slowing down already as far as the laughs go anyway. John Oliver already has a very predictable joke cycle, he needs to switch it up a little. Maybe it's just been a depressing few shows, haha, we'll see.

They are also able to do some things the other two can't, only having to do one show a week. So that'll keep it fresh for a while.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote