View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #20
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Pretty amazing. 14 wins in a row, and 15-1-1. Face what is probably the worst team in the league next week to wrap up a 16-1-1 season with a record 33 points and 15 wins in a row.

Here I thought this would be an off year for the Stamps after losing Cornish, Rogers, Fuller, Simpson, Raymond and changing not only their head coach but their defensive coordinator.

Kudos to Hufnagel, Dickenson, BLM and Claybrooks. Very impressive.

The pessimist in me though, well....4 straight weeks of racking up injuries in games against total muffins for football teams, followed by two off weeks before hosting a much better football team like BC or Winnipeg in what will likely be god awful weather has me cringing inside.

I've seen a TON of unbelievably good football teams in the last 25 years of being a Stamp fan, but this one takes the cake. I've also seen a ton of unbelievably good Stampeder football teams choke hard in the last 25 years.

Really hope this isn't one of them.
For as good as the Flutie-Garcia teams were, we don't have near enough Grey Cup victories from that era. It won't matter if we don't win the Grey Cup.