View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #88
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Thought this would be a good place to ask,

What's the best way to get a new puppy, a golden retriever specifically? You've got breeders with their own websites, humane societies and animal rescue, people on kijiji, etc. I would be a first time dog owner.
I just had a litter of golden pups with a local breeder in February and it was such a learning experience. The question most ask is what kind of owner are you? Hunting, field trials, pet? And how much time do you have? I know two incredible breeders but you have to be able to commit to being home with the dogs, at least not working full time. Goldens aren't dogs that do well by themselves. If the words crate training mean anything to you you've probably got the wrong breed. So if you're looking for that kind of commitment I'd be very happy to introduce you to who I think the best breeder is. She spends a remarkable amount of time with the pups. They all go through puppy school with her. It makes a massive difference. The cost of the dogs barely covers her expenses. Best of luck.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote