View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 08:35 AM   #1017
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
Has anybody been spinning Book of Souls? Thoughts? I'm enjoying much of it so far.
Fantastic IMHO. Man of Sorrows is likely the weakest track for me and they certainly indulge in many places but I think it can be put right beside the classics on the shelf. Dickinson while straining to reach to upper end some is singing with power throughout the entire album which given he was undergoing cancer treatment is quite something. Empire of the Clouds was a definite departure being based around Dickinson on the piano and certainly long but after several listens it has likely become my favourite along with Red and Black. The two longest songs on the album I think.....my Dream Theater training has prepared me well.

Nice to see the band 40 years into it decide to stretch a bit while remaining distinctly Maiden.

2016 tour (March for US and Canada) on tap. Ed Force One is now a 747-400 and of course Dickinson is working towards getting his certification to captain it. Can't wait for the tour.

Sabbath...yes this sounds like it is the final tour. Iommi is saying he just can't do tours anymore with his health and age. Sucks that Ward won't be along for the ride. Not sure if they are doing another album or not. Nothing seems definitive at this point.

Last edited by ernie; 09-15-2015 at 08:42 AM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post: