View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 11:17 PM   #2239
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
The inverted bowl is kind of like ‘on top of the action’ turned up to 11. There are several upper decks, stacked one on top of the other, which is very expensive to build without having support pillars that obstruct the view. I don't have a link handy, but they've built life-size mockups of inverted bowl seating, and with each level being steeper than the one below it, I am told the top level is not for the faint-hearted.

The other thing about the inverted bowl is that it puts a lot of structural weight on a small ground area. The Wikipedia article on the Calgary event centre says that the inverted bowl might not even be possible on the Victoria Park site because the ground isn't suitable. I don't know if that's correct, as Wikipedia often needs to be taken with a big helping of salt.

I'd be very happy with something like Little Caesars, actually. I would probably be happier with that than with an attempt to do something bold and original, because CSEC does not have a good track record when it tries to be original.
LC is a fantastic arena, that would be a great rink to copy.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post: