View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:
Question Let's Talk CIS Hockey

I'll start by saying I don't follow, read, or generally pay any attention to CIS. I don't think it's just me. I think it's a national trend that most Canadians don't care much for CIS sports. In fact, I'm sure most Canadians follow NCAA sports far more.

So I have a few questions about it:

1.) Why don't more CHL players opt to go the CIS route when their major junior career is over? The CHL has an excellent scholarship program, so why not take advantage of it if you can't get an AHL contract?

2.) Is the NCAA route just a sexier means to an end?

3.) How do the top end CIS teams stack up against NCAA both educationally and athletically (namely, hockey-wise)?

4.) Do NHL teams scout CIS teams for undrafted players? If not, why not? Should they scout CIS? Are there diamonds in the rough there?

5.) Can you name any overage player that came from CIS to go on to have a good NHL career?

6.) Lastly, this is just a general question. Why are you more interested in NCAA sports than CIS sports? Is it quality or is it just because NCAA is the low-hanging fruit and it's easier to follow (i.e., more resources, internet, news articles about NCAA, etc.)?
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote