View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #17
JustAnotherGuy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

A couple years back I got a speeding ticket in an area which is a speed trap. Heading east on 16th Ave NE towards Deerfoot. It slows to 60 km before you get to the intersection. Going down hill and heading towards a major road and the speed limit drops. s.

Anyway, I have forgotten to renew my registration and I did not have my updated piece of paper for my insurance. I pay monthly so the insurance I knew was okay.

A long story short. He gave me a $150 fine for the speeding. He gave me a $150 fine for not being registered. He did not give me a further $150 ticket for not having my updated insurance with me.

So I said. "I will go directly to the registration place to get my vehicle registration renewed". He said. "Well, you can do that but what happens if you get pulled over again? That would be your second driving a vehicle with no registration which would mean your vehicle will be impounded." He gave me that superior look as I said well I guess I will call a friend to come pick me up. He said. "Good answer' and walked away.
JustAnotherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote