View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #782
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
I stand behind my comment that the next 2-3 games would be a good test of GG and the system. Reading it back, I'm not terribly happy with my second paragraph either :P

When things are going well, it's logical to maintain the status quo. But it's when the going gets tough that you need to make (major or minor) adjustments, and in this case, see if the locker room is receptive to it. Having just watched the movie "Sully", he had flown aircraft for 40 years, but he'll be known for his what he did in that one critical flight.

At the time of my comment, we had just lost to BOS, and I didn't want to see the Flames go on to lose the next 2-3 games (resulting in being losers of 3 of 4). So far, we're 1-1 since the streak and about to go 2-1 after tonight's LA game, so GG gets full marks/credit for making the right adjustments to keep the winning ways going.

I don't hate GG nor want him fired. But I was critical of decisions early in the season (Chiasson on 1st line and 1st unit PP, Wideman TOI vs D.Hamilton, PP zone entry drop pass). I'll eat crow on saying that the 10-game win streak was solely luck, but I can't see Elloitt's SV% (0.944) being sustainable, and Johnny has not been a >1.0PPG player in the past.
Don't be Donald Trump.

Just retract your earlier false statements and say you're sorry.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post: