View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 10:29 AM   #17
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I'm starting with a new personal trainer this weekend. She's a former IFBB Pro and I've given her a mandate of "Chisel me out of granite by summer". Full meal plan, five days a week training.

Can I manage these things without a PT? Well maybe, but I wasn't being disciplined / accountable to myself, so I decided it would be best to get someone to crack the whip for me a bit.
I did basically the same thing in 2018/2019, it was great... I gained some size, that's for sure. Had times where my pants ripped at work in the seat due to the growth of my glutes haha. It is a massive commitment however, just an FYI - physically and financially. As well, the best thing I learned from a trainer was good form, moreso than quantity of weight or reps, and it will be what really chisels you - have great form (combined with progressive increases in weight), watch the results come a lot quicker.

When I'm at the gym now (which should be more these days admittedly haha, I'm slacking) I'm side eye-watching people's form and it's crazy how many people have no idea how about proper form - compound lifts like squats and deadlifts, especially.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post: