Thread: Shaw BlueSky TV
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #33
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
Sorry, I shouldn't have inserted a new line between sentences. everyone in my house (including guests) uses the speech recognition built into my secondary sony tv remote control to search youtube on the sony tv because it is infinitely faster than typing using the standard remote control.

the reason that I posted on this thread in particular is because I am constantly impressed at how good it is. siri for example is nowhere close to the accuracy from this sony remote control. I did also mention that the Kinect or other devices don't work as well as this sony remote.

I don't disagree that voice recognition seems over-rated in its current state; siri in particular seems to be getting much, much worse as time goes on.

voice recognition, when it works, is much faster than typing on non alpha keyboards.

Gotcha, I wasn't following the train of thought, I could definitely see that voice recognition could be better than typing out something using an onscreen keyboard and directional arrows on a remote. I was totally thinking of my own experience with siri on iPhone.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gasman For This Useful Post:
McG