View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
If I'm being "intellectually honest" (lol Feaster), I'd say that until Ferland found a spot alongside Gaudreau and Monahan, that spot would have been totally up for grabs. With Granlund's shot and defensive acumen, he would have been a decent fit on that line, albeit on his off-wing.

He's playing well in Vancouver, better than I thought he would. It's not like he couldn't be performing at that same level here.
I disagree. I think Ferland brings a physical presence to that line that Granlund couldn't. Granlund is certainly capable of being a middle six player on an NHL team - however that team is not the Flames IMO.

It will be interesting to see if both Baertschi and Granlund can continue their level of production (40ish point players) into next year and beyond.

EDIT - Not to derail the thread so I should add that I think Paul Byron is well deserving of this and very happy for him. One of the few guys who we've let go in the last couple of years that I would like to have back but we move on...

Last edited by GettinIggyWithIt; 03-24-2017 at 12:12 PM.
GettinIggyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GettinIggyWithIt For This Useful Post: