View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 07:37 AM   #23
GC91
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Being new to Calgary I took in my first NLL game for the Roughnecks home opener. Let's be honest, no one really follows the NLL if you do not have a team in your city unless you are a die hard lacrosse fan. I don't mean to take a shot at the league like that as I really enjoyed the game and will be going back to the next one. The atmosphere was actually more electric than any of the Flames games I've been to here when you factor in the difference in attendance for each. I could see the NLL working in a lot of markets and I hope they take the time to grow this sport properly. They have gained my interest!

I was hoping someone who knows the game well to explain it a little more to me on this forum. I've played high levels of hockey so my perception of the game tends to relate to my biased knowledge of how to play hockey. I was confused right away about the line changes. Both teams seemed to allow fast breaks and odd man rushes down the court? (don't know my lacrosse language) to change when turn overs occurred. I assume it has to do with keeping fresh legs on the court as running obviously takes a lot out of you but it seemed to create most of the scoring chances against both teams. Whats the thought behind that. What am I seeing?
GC91 is offline   Reply With Quote